The Dolce & Gabbana Abaya Collection Won't Ease Shopping While Muslim





The Guardian:

Trying to be stylish while modest, has been at the crux of Muslim women's fashionable dilemmas for years, and one collection won't change that. It's nice that fashion houses are considering modesty requirements, but brands like Dolce & Gabbana are out of reach for most people.




Let me try to give a little insight into what it's like for me to shop as a Muslim woman. I walk into any retail store, look for the mini-dresses and decide how I can layer it on top of a pair of pants and a long-sleeved top. In the fitting room, I will twirl to make sure nothing is too clingy - or too akin to a potato sack. Long shirts are always a good find and dresses are usually hit or miss. This can be a frustrating experience, as most stores across America don't really have Hijabi Muslim-friendly ready to wear clothing.

Read the rest of the article on The Guardian

Comments

Popular Posts