Gap Featured An Hijabi In Its Current Campaign And We Love It - Watch The Video And See The Pictures






In its current print and video campaign, American clothing retailer, Gap featured a model known as Hybutalla donning a cream coloured hijab by Haute Hijab and a blue and white stripped long sleeve shirt. The accompanying caption to the shot Gap shared on its Instagram account is as follows:

"I am curious, passionate. A hard worker and a dreamer. I am kind-hearted - and all about my friends and family. I am Hybutalla. #IAmGap"




According to Adweek the print and video campaign titled "I Am Gap" produced by creative agency, Untitled Worldwide involves people discovered through street casting rather than through a modelling agency so as to acknowledge and celebrate the diversity of people, Gap caters to.

Melanie Elturk, the cofounder of Haute Hijab, the company that provided the hijab, Hybutalla wore in the Gap campaign after Gap reached out to her company, shared the following on her Instagram account:


"I was strolling SoHo yesterday after jumuah and came across the @gap ad featuring our Jersey Wrap while passing their store on Broadway and I have to admit I got a little emotional! I immediately took a photo and sent it to my Dad and remembered when we started this company and I told people around me that my ultimate vision was to bring modest dressing into the mainstream and people literally laughed at me. Seven years later and one my hijabs is in every Gap window across the globe. 
Lesson learned: Always believe in your dreams even when people laugh at you. *Especially* when people laugh at you. The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that actually do. So give yourself permission to live a big life. Step into who you are meant to be and stop playing 
small. You were meant for greater things ⭐️⭐️⭐️ #NeverStopDreaming#PursueYourGoals #DreamBig"






Watch the Gap campaign video featuring Hybutalla below:






Comments

Ali said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts